[ADDENDUM – November 2, 2018:
On October 31st, 2018, “Arthur B,” the editor-in-chief of Ferretbrain, announced that, after 12 years of operation, he would be shutting down the site for good on April 30th, 2019. As the great majority of my online writing was hosted on Ferretbrain, I have taken the liberty of converting all of my articles and reviews into PDFs and rehosting them on this blog on this page. They aren’t the most elegantly formatted, and I was unable to save the user comments, but the reviews themselves are preserved and are legible. I will also be making an effort to redirect all the links on this blog to the archive; if there is anything I missed, please let me know.]
- “Never Forget. Forget It All.” Ransmayr, Christoph. The Dog King. March 2012.
- “Industrial Fantasies.” MacLeod, Ian R. The Light Ages. June 2012.
- “Not The Ending We Expected, But An Ending All The Same.” MacLeod, Ian R. House of Storms. December 2012.
- “Forgotten Futures.” Stableford, Brian. Scientific Romance in Britain, 1890-1950. August 2013.
I have also done some reviewing for Strange Horizons:
- The Manhattan Projects, Volumes 1 -5, by Jonathan Hickman and Nick Pitarra. Posted on June 22, 2015.
- The Last Witness, by K. J. Parker. Posted on January 11, 2016.
- The Mammoth Book of Dieselpunk, edited by Sean Wallace. Posted on January 29, 2016.
- The Man in the High Castle, Season 1. Posted on May 13, 2016.
- Dream Paris, by Tony Ballantyne. Posted on June 29, 2016.
- City of Blades by Robert Jackson Bennett. Posted on January 14, 2017.